On April 4, 2021, WE RE-OPENED FOR WORSHIP SERVICE observing safety precautions.
Expectations for Worship at University Park Church of Christ (and until further notice)
Service Time – 10:30 a.m.
Goals for Re-Opening
– Meet as a unified body.
– Use precautions against Covid-19 infections
– Keep everyone healthy and safe
– Stay connected to those who remain remote
– Masks required at all times (please bring your own). Please remain at home and watch the live-stream of the service if you are unable to observe this requirement.
– Social distancing (remain 6-feet apart)
– Using hand sanitizer (made available, but best if you bring your own)
– Access restricted to Sanctuary and to lobby bathrooms (limit two persons at a time)
– Doors to Sanctuary propped open
– Designated doors for entry and exit; middle doors closed
– Ushers direct you to your seat. Ushers wear gloves. No choice of seating.
– Use every other pew (to maintain distance)
– Self-serve communion (juice and bread in lobby in bags as you enter)
- Boxes for collection of contribution nearby to sanctuary doors.
Receptacles for communion trash will be in the foyer, near exit from the Sanctuary. The receptacle for registration cards will be next to the trash container so they both are easily seen and used.
– No singing.
– Registration card provided in self-serve communion bag. Please complete with your name, phone number and address. This is for contact tracing if needed. Bring your own pen or pencil, because you do not want to share such items. The cards are for the protection of yourself and your fellow members should the congregation experience an outbreak of COVID-19.
– Nursery open only for nursing moms and for changing babies. Only one (1) person with (1) baby will be allowed at one time on each side of the nursery.
-- Ushers will release rows one-by-one for departure after service.
-- No lingering or fellowship in foyer. Go immediately to the parking lot.
-- If visiting in parking lot, please wear masks and maintain social distancing.
* Please remain home if you are feeling sick, have a fever, or have potentially been exposed to COVID-19. We will stream the worship service live so anyone at home will have access.
– No Sunday School
– Kid's Worship during worship
– No invitation (please call/email prayer requests in advance)
– No Sunday night service
– No Wednesday Bible class
Vice-Principal, Craig Barnes
Parent Engagement Assistant, Mirna Flores
ESOL Teacher, Mrs. Stettler
--Rosa Parks Elementary School--
Unloading UP's donation of 60 book-bags, each containing the grade-appropriate supplies for the child who receives the bag. This continues our support for Rosa Parks over several years. Mr. Barnes expressed the schools appreciation. He said the donation was needed, and would be welcomed by the children and their parents.
We hope to see you on
Easter Sunday, April 4, 2021
Reopening from Covid-19
Announcing Preaching Minister vacancy:
Our congregation is searching for a person dedicated to building a career as a Preaching
He must, of first importance, have a commitment to God, to Christ, to his
church, to the Bible, and to living a holy life.
He must address the requirements in the
announcement, which is available in PDF through the button below. We will keep this
announcement open until the position is filled.
University Park Church of Christ
Copy link to UPCOC Facebook Page:
Copy link to UPCOC YouTube:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGWA-qObrr3Na_nuIZjhglw
Note: University Park Church of Christ has not returned to standard hours because of the pandemic.
We are meeting only for worship at 10:30 a.m. on Sunday, under the conditions described below.
Warm Nights 2020 at University Park -- making lunches for homeless in Prince George's County.